To set up communication between the PC and the external devices, there are Universal Serial Bus (USB) ports on the computer. Ajay Bhatt of Intel developed this useful port. Various serial and parallel ports can be substituted by a single USB. Several external devices like keyboards, printers, mouse, media players, digital cameras, pen drives, flash drives and hard drives can be connected to a PC with the help of these ports. It can also be used in PDAs, power cord, smart phones and video game consoles. This article is all about the solutions for some USB problems.
There are some common USB problems encountered by the PC at times. These problems can be easily rectified. The effective solutions are as follows-
- Due to bad registry, I-pod or pen-drive cannot be detected by the PC. By rectifying the registry, these problems can be solved.
- If Pen drives or USB Mass Storage are disabled at the colleges and schools, then go to START and then RUN and type REGEDIT. There install USB Mass Storage drivers.
- If the error on removing the pen drive is "The Generic volume cannot be stopped right now" is there, just close all the applications and files. The problem will be solved.
- If there are viruses in a pen drive, then scan the pen drive with the help of an anti virus and open it. The computer will not be affected.
- Sometimes, PC does not show the USB devices also if it is detected. If this problem occurs, then go to START and then RUN. Type compmgmt.msc and click OK. After that click on the DISK MANAGEMENT. Go to the "PORTABLE DRIVE". Click on "CHANGE DRIVE LETTER" AND PATHS. Assign a new drive letter to it. The portable drive will appear.
The common USB problems occurred in the PC can be easily fixed by following these easy and effective steps.